Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The latest with THE LAST EAGLE SCOUT


Ahhh the joys of independent filmmaking...

Happy new year! I figured it is a good time to talk about where we are with THE LAST EAGLE SCOUT. Things had been moving along nicely. We made some changes and that delayed us a little bit. And I was about to do what we call in the industry as "lock picture". This means the edit looked as good as it was going to be, and I can pass the movie over to the music, audio and color masters to make the film look and sound even better.

Then, the inevitable happened... the editing hard drive crashed. Luckily we retrieved about 95 percent of the film, but lost about 5 percent of important footage. We are currently picking up the pieces, but it is getting done. The motto of "be prepared" was not being used here.

I am always a believer of things happening for a reason. This event will pass and we will have the film in theaters before you know it. It has been a long journey, 6 years in writing and 2 years in the producing. As most of you know, I also have a day job, blending crazy things with the company Blendtec producing the Internet series known as WILL IT BLEND. This has a tendency to take a lot of my time.

But with the new year, we have renewed energy to get this film out as soon as possible. I am excited to see the fans from across the seas, especially in places like Makati, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur. That is amazing to me. We will play the film in as many theaters as possible and inform you when we know where and when.

We are also planning on being a little more "social media" active as we will have more to show as we get closer to the release of the film with updates and information. Soon we will have a new preview and reports on things related to the topic of the film.

Thank you all for your patience and remember... be prepared.

Kels Goodman

2 comments:

  1. Wow Kels, I'm sorry for the trials you've had to face but I'll bet TLES will be a better movie for them by the time you're done. I'm excited to see what you accomplish with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the trailer..looking forward that your hard work will be seen here in the Philippines! God Speed!

    ReplyDelete